News that Facebook is bringing Messenger to businesses prompted our next Business Insights blog as we have successfully been using an instant messenger in-house for some time.
We chose Skype and created every team member a profile to improve internal communication between staff, which has proved highly successful.
To due the nature of our business, it’s difficult to address a whole team at once, even for a brief catch up. There is literally not a minute when the phone doesn’t ring. Sending a quick message out to the whole team combats this issue, keeping staff up to date in a fast-paced and ever-changing enviroment.
We have found multiple benefits since implementing Instant Messenger:
- It’s ideal for staff that hot desk, as you can log in from anywhere
- It allows for quick responses
- It has reduced the number of email sends
- Staff are instantly contactable where as emails are only checked intermittently
- We can contact all staff at once, or group staff together if conversation is project-related
- Instant group conversation is handy particularly for fast responses or yes / no queries
- It’s free!