We’ve been finalising the 2018 sales target today. My initial reaction was to take a deep breath, then there was a moment of panic, followed by self doubt.
Then logic kicked in, phew! For those of us in sales know that we’re in the business of making things happen and there is always a way. It’s just a question of finding the right path up the mountain, so my plan is this:
1. Have a plan
2. Do something every single day towards that goal
3. Be disciplined with your time
4. Keep the timewasters out of the sales pipeline
5. Don’t fill up the diary with networking events
6. Identify people that will help you
7. Pick up the phone more and email less
8. Always keep the goal in sight
9. Help others along the way
10. Never be afraid of failure
My thoughts are with you if you’re feeling daunted by a sales target but embrace the challenge, believe that you can do it and don’t let anything get in the way.